Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Tears for Kenya

I thought you were defeated

That death had claimed you

I came to mourn

But you were not there

The air isn't cold

The trees are not stark

Nor barren

The cardinal flies around

Looking for a nest

What is this? How can it be so much life?

The earth swells with newness

Does it not know you are missing?

Does it not know you are gone?

My tears can't be contained

My chest is burdened with grief

I have lost myself

I don't see the cherry blossoms

I don't smell the grass

I don't hear the humming bird

But I do feel a breeze...

Warm, comforting secure

It surrounds me

It reminds me

My senses open

You are all around me

I hear your wings

Joy returns

-sj

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seasons! Pt. 2

 Seasons! Pt. 2 Romans 8:28 says 28  And we know that in all things God works for the good  of those who love Him , who [ a ]  have been ca...