Thursday, April 23, 2015

Struggle

I fought and pushed
You gently guided
I was angry
You hugged me with a breeze

I was confused
Storms inside me were moving
At the speed of life
You spoke
My waters were calmed
I am still unsure
But I know You I can trust

You are my help
My soul’s Redeemer
Still I struggle with myself
I am only living clay
Help me when the fragility of my nature
Covers me,
Entangles me,
Stifles me,
Overtakes me

The shadow of your Majesty
Reminds me of how
Tiny I am
A microcosm of thought and emotions
But still You watch over me
I don’t understand Your ways
You assure me that I don’t have too

The lake glistens with life
The air is sweetly perfumed
The sky is adorned beautifully
I am reminded that You are with me
My courage has returned
Thank you for seeing past my anger
I wear your strength as a shield
My challenges will not overtake me


-sj

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seasons! Pt. 2

 Seasons! Pt. 2 Romans 8:28 says 28  And we know that in all things God works for the good  of those who love Him , who [ a ]  have been ca...