Saturday, August 27, 2016

Tender, Tender, Tenderness

For so long...I ran from home

I couldn't stand the sharpness in your tone

I didn't understand your lack of delicacy in correction

Nor did I care for allotment of none when

My errors rose

So I jumped in the wind, not caring where it took me

No plan of my own

Moving with the flow that was the strongest

Wasting alot of energy

Misplacing alot of love

But I never forgot the good at my center

It got harder to deny it's place

I'm older now

My fights are chosen with wisdom

Weighted by tenderness

Now I can love you for you

I can handle who you are

I can hear your love despite your tone

I am not crushed by your words

Tender are my thoughts towards you

Guided are my actions

Purposefully I enjoy our time together

Deliberately do my steps lead me home

-Sj

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seasons! Pt. 2

 Seasons! Pt. 2 Romans 8:28 says 28  And we know that in all things God works for the good  of those who love Him , who [ a ]  have been ca...