Saturday, February 14, 2015

Real Talk

I know you are grown

I know you are sassy enough to do you

But let me pose a couple of questions

To make you think about a thing or two

If your circumstances are not desirable

Do you have anyone to blame but yourself?

I mean you are grown enough to handle the choice

So be woman enough to accept the consequence

Did it keep him in your bed? Is that the only place you wanted him to be?

Maybe you shouldn't have let him in your head

After all the devil didn't commit the act

He just planted the thought

What do you mean, I am one to talk?

If I have suffered I have shared it with you

If I have erred I lived it in front of you

Wisdom is always bought

But I thought the shame was worth the price

If it kept you following my advice

But I am here and he is not

Wow you have gotten yourself in a tight spot

All I am asking is that when this turn comes around again

In a different suit, maybe a crooked smile

Or smooth brown skin

Think about what you are grown enough to do

And make the right choices at the beginning

To have a guilt free, non self -destroying ending

Half of that was you.....

-sj

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seasons! Pt. 2

 Seasons! Pt. 2 Romans 8:28 says 28  And we know that in all things God works for the good  of those who love Him , who [ a ]  have been ca...