Friday, July 18, 2014

Untitled

sometimes I feel like a volcano ready to erupt
my emotions are all over the place
hot, smokey threatening to strangle me
and I can't get a hand on my reality
I get angry and take my frustrations out on anything or anyone close to me

I mourn the life I thought I would have
I mourn the dreams lost

then i remember to breathe

it resets me
the air crushing thru my nostrils
the expansion of my lungs
allow me to understand that my job is simple
just  believe and trust that He has my best interest
in line with His will

Again I draw a deep breath
my brain tingles with excitement
like the shock of stepping into a cold
winter morning

A reminder that I am alive
That I am set aside for a special purpose
I am equipped with everything I need
to complete the job
even if I am not sure of what exactly it is

breathing re-establishes the fact that I am fearfully
and wonderfully made

there are no accidents
only divine appointments
I am encouraged
I feel my strength returning
My joy shines on me

-souljourner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seasons! Pt. 2

 Seasons! Pt. 2 Romans 8:28 says 28  And we know that in all things God works for the good  of those who love Him , who [ a ]  have been ca...