Saturday, May 20, 2017

Wahutxheh Laine


My Name is Wahutxheh Laine

just because you can't pronounce it

doesn't mean it should change

If you share with me

I will share with you

Let Me adopt what I see is good

or right

Not be forced into conformity

not be challenged into a fight

I am a Brave of the Proud Cherokee Nation

But you see me as a janitor

brick layer

cook

or waiter

Do not think for a moment me or my brethren have gone

We are still here

We walk among you

Living, Loving, Waiting, Wanting

Equality & Recognition

With every man given the same chance

to show his worth

Not have the ways of his people

covered, discarded in the earth

Wilkins

You created that name

I wear it, gave it to my sons

but it is not the same

I will always remain a Brave to my nation

to my family

to myself

My name is Wahutxheh Laine

Sj

Thank you Great Grandfather..forgive me for not telling you sooner
Gone but never Forgotten

1 comment:

  1. Have never read this. Late June was the last time you posted. Need more hunny.

    ReplyDelete

Seasons! Pt. 2

 Seasons! Pt. 2 Romans 8:28 says 28  And we know that in all things God works for the good  of those who love Him , who [ a ]  have been ca...