Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Reprise

The summer has unofficially come to an end! The family has returned from its' whirlwind trip to the Midwest; and we are struggling, just like many of you, to adapt to our new schedule. On the bright side, Myles did not fight us to go to school..come to think of it he was rather excited! WHAT????? This is the same kid who would hold onto his bed like a cat; screaming, kicking and falling out because he was over school and had terrible separation anxiety. Thank you Jesus that he has grown out of all of that. Thank you God that you have shown me his triggers to prevent meltdowns in the first place.

Oh where was I? Oh yeah the whole schedule thing.. I thought we were doing quite well considering we just touched down on Monday and school began on Tuesday. Nate is a soldier even though he has a harder time adapting to change than Myles. Vacation was amazing. I love the hometowny-ness of Greenville. People still speak to you whether they know you or not; folks try to know the names of your children and are very involved in their day to days. Vegetable and fruit stands are plenty and there are not alot of restaurants around because people cook and still share Sunday dinners.  That piece of Americana has not changed despite the chaos going on around it.

I came to be refreshed. To touch my home base. To be filled with the familiar sites and smells that go along with it. I love sitting with my Parents watching television, cooking or dining. Listening to funny stories that live in our past; hearing the rambunctious laughter as we meddled thru the details of one tale while quickly recounting another. That is my home.


I soaked up all of that positive goodness because I knew when I returned home my battles would be waiting for me.

-sj

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seasons! Pt. 2

 Seasons! Pt. 2 Romans 8:28 says 28  And we know that in all things God works for the good  of those who love Him , who [ a ]  have been ca...