Thursday, September 22, 2016

Broken Faces



Just a thought:

If I don't care about you Man of Clay
Why do I care when you set your house on
Fire?

If I don't care about you Woman of Earth
Why would I care when you tear up
Yo Block?

If I don't care about you Child of Fire
Why would I care about your line
When it doesn't cross mine?

None of your actions Harm Me
None of your threats move me to Change
None of your tears fill me with Compassion

So Answer me This..Why do you Waste Your Passion
On Acts that destroy and not build?

Perhaps if I saw Your Energy, Your Will, Your Intellect,
Your desire, Your hands Lead Me To The Promise Land
*how to care, * brotherly love, * human compassion, * how not to racially profile
* how to understand your speech, * how to earn your trust and respect, * how to build a partnership,
*how to work with you not against you, * how to show me the door when I don't comply

Then I would be more apt to follow

-sj

We must be the change that we want to see

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seasons! Pt. 2

 Seasons! Pt. 2 Romans 8:28 says 28  And we know that in all things God works for the good  of those who love Him , who [ a ]  have been ca...