Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Joyuex Anniversaire!

Or For Non-French Speakers: Happy Birthday!

May 31, 2014 Marked my 44th birthday. It was great...filled with birthday calls, facebook birthday wishes, some cards and a few presents. We spent the day with extended family and then snuck out for an 8pm movie.

As with any birthday I like to take a look at what I have accomplished in the previous year. Honestly I didn't remember much because the last 2 months have been moving at the speed of life; but in this moment that I have to catch my breath sort of speak, I needed to reflect. To draw on past victories, review setbacks and purpose to do better every day.

I remember when I was so excited as a child to have a birthday party. My mom would spare no expense and would have the place decorated beautifully with colorful streamers, balloons, party plates and cups. The table would be filled with snacks, drinks, presents and hot dogs. My friends and I played games all in the back yard. The whole family would check in throughout the day. Aunts, uncles cousins and friends...it was simple, it was warm, It was awesome.

I remember when I was 16 and all I wanted to do was spend time with my friends. It was harder for me to have a relationship with my parents, especially my mom. She would pull and I would push or vice versa. I didn't enjoy my parents and they probably didn't enjoy me much at  the time either. I always wanted more, felt like I should be doing more. Like I should be hanging around the cool kids and doing cool stuff. We had moved by then and family didn't travel that far just for a birthday, Christmas yes. Birthday no. So I was missing a lot...I just didn't know it yet.

Then the big 21! Oh snap I am legal woohooo..I don't even remember the stupid stuff my friends and I did. Probably best that I didn't, Thank GOD for His grace! This time I approached my parents with a sense of entitlement. I was a brat. Took my gift said thankyou and headed out the door to what I thought was fun. Funny how walking with The Lord changes your definition of fun.

Then the big 30, the big 40 and now. What I can reflect most on is how I have changed, my attitude has soften and my heart is thankful!

A peaceful mind enjoys the simple things...like a hug from a little one
or a smile from the one you love
A thankful heart enjoys a soft breeze on the cheek, its like a kiss from GOD
A wise eye looks all around and marvels at the Lord's majesty; and is thankful and humbled at the same time.

Happy Birthday to me!
Thankyou Jesus for your peace, love and covering

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seasons! Pt. 2

 Seasons! Pt. 2 Romans 8:28 says 28  And we know that in all things God works for the good  of those who love Him , who [ a ]  have been ca...