Wednesday, April 14, 2021

THE NEWNESS OF GRACE P. I

 THE NEWNESS OF GRACE:


It is April the year 2021...I have not blogged or set up a post since November 2020. 

To say I was a bit distracted is an understatement. I have been splotchy, at best, with my writing every since the challenges of 2017-2019. I don't think I ever truly recovered until today. Let me share with you what I have learned..

On March 15th our youngest son, Nate, had surgery. The procedure was one that we knew he would eventually need to have but was never really healthy enough to have. It was a praise that the Lord had brought us this far to even consider it as it was cosmetic. 

Because of his complicated medical history we knew that anesthesia and pain meds may cause an issue. Oh boy did they! Fast forward 2 weeks after surgery we are in the emergency room. He was released 3 days later. 

We were enjoying spring break. I was out and about running errands and I happened to call the boys to make sure everything was okay at home. They are older now so it is not unusual for me to offer them the option of staying at home versus hanging out with mom. Most of the time I am less than 10 minutes away (a safe distance). When I spoke to Nate he told me he didn't feel well. I knew then we were in for a hospitalization. I rushed home cancelling anymore items left on my to-do list. I showered, prayed, cried....Lord, I will take call - a friend for the win!

I really didn't want my day, our break interrupted by a hospital stay. I fussed and whined like a 5 year old. My sister-friend from church, whom I love, got on the line with me and we prayed for healing and deliverance. I was sobbing as she prayed; we both knew this was happening. This is why you (reader) need to have a few sincere prayer buddies so that when you are going thru (and vice versa) you can be strengthened. 

I suppose you will have to read part II to find out how this ended.

sj


No comments:

Post a Comment

Seasons! Pt. 2

 Seasons! Pt. 2 Romans 8:28 says 28  And we know that in all things God works for the good  of those who love Him , who [ a ]  have been ca...