Wednesday, April 14, 2021

THE NEWNESS OF GRACE Pt. 2

 PART II

Where did I leave off? Oh, that's right. I was protesting, in a very undignified fashion, the route that needed to be traveled. 

I did not want to go. I asked the Lord to remove this challenge by healing Nate immediately (pretty please). I know He can and I knew He would if it was in His will to do so. That's where it gets sticky. Often times what we want, more of God for instance, and how we get it don't match up. I would prefer a beautiful, serene and peaceful talk with God. He prefers to allow trials. His way is always better. His will is always perfect...whether I like it or not. 

Fast forward after packing a few things I went and spoke to both boys informing them of our plan which included a visit to the emergency room. Because of Covid-19 Myles would need to stay home and wait for dad. 

A few hours later we were being ushered into our room on the 7th floor. The pediatric ward. The physician on staff relayed his thoughts as I settled in for a long stay. 

On our floor were many babies. Some as young as 2 months had already experienced the fear of surgery and the pain of recovery. Many had caregivers who were present for 90% of their day. Then there were the ones who hadn't seen a parent or guardian for days. Hoarse cries filled my nights and days. I wanted to reach out to these babies and let them know they were loved and have purpose in life. Of course I couldn't so I prayed. I prayed when the sun shone and when the clock struck 3 a.m. and every hour before and after that. Not sleeping until sometimes 7 or 8 a.m.  A small price to pay. These patients needed intercession that only the Good Shepherd Jesus could orchestrate. That's why I was there. 

Within a few days Nate was released and we were all united as a family. Together again. Did I mention that my beloved cousin had passed during this time. Too much for me to try and process. I needed to make sense of all that was happening. I couldn't. 

But The Lord of All knew that. He sent me some help. 

Tune into pt. III

Sj

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seasons! Pt. 2

 Seasons! Pt. 2 Romans 8:28 says 28  And we know that in all things God works for the good  of those who love Him , who [ a ]  have been ca...