Saturday, August 27, 2016

Si Sufficientiam.... What Really is Your Name? Pt. 1

Si Sufficientiam (Pt. 1)

The term is actually Latin for 'self - sufficiency'. I remember coming up how Bishop (my Mom) would constantly tell me that I needed to learn to be self-sufficient. Which meant do what needs to be done just because you see it undone before I tell you to do it. As a child I hated that term because it usually meant a lecture before and after the mention of it.

Now that I am a Mom I completley understand the whole thought process behind that statement. I find myself being cross at my husband and kids when I see something out of place. To me it's common sense that your shoes should be neatly placed on the shoe mat; or don't place your headphones or earbuds on the table (yuck); and of course leaving items on the floor. Who cares who placed it there? It shouldn't be there at all! Oh My GLOB!!! Some days it is enough to pull my hair out. Why? Everyone knows socks belong on feet not floors. Toys belong in a box not the floor or under my feet. ARRRGGGHHH

But before I have a melt-down, I take a deep breath and start thanking GOD for something...anything that will ground me. It really is not that important; Picking up after people is just in my job description. In the small print. Training people to pick up after themselves is necessary for the success of their futures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seasons! Pt. 2

 Seasons! Pt. 2 Romans 8:28 says 28  And we know that in all things God works for the good  of those who love Him , who [ a ]  have been ca...