Thursday, May 19, 2016

An Inconvenient Truth

It can't get no realer than this here
-sj

 You can enter God's Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way. But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it. (Matthew 7:13 & 14)

I have a confession to make. I have an approval addiction..what can I say I love to be liked! I love to belong to a group/clan/posse or hang out club. I enjoy social comrade from card playing, to group cooking or just sitting around cackling like a bunch of hens. 

This week however, I was faced with a serious question; one that would make the difference on the direction I would take my platform. If I choose wrong then it could be a career killing move. It could lead to alienation, public judgement, mass amounts of criticism and other unknown negative consequences. On the other hand if I choose the road most traveled then I might be able to enjoy prosperity, popularity, and an 'atta-girl' every time someone passed me by. 

Of course the obvious choice was, is and always will be to take the road less traveled. That means that I will teach what I have learned about life's issues, social subjects, political travesties and the future of America as it lines up with God's Word. No subject will be off limits nor out of my 'lane' to address. As the Holy Spirit gives me clarity and inspiration I will share. Nothing more nothing less. 

Does that mean that my audience will always agree? Some will some will not. 
Does that mean that I will not welcome dialogue that may challenge my stance? Of course not! Dialogue is good and even if we have to agree to disagree we should still remain companions. 

However if you (reader) ever find it necessary to do more than just 'hide -from feed' my post on Facebook or maybe delete your link to my blog for that particular entry, please do so. If you feel like you need to unfriend me because something I said infuriated you so...then in peace you should depart. Because if at anytime I am asked to choose between ____(fill in the blank) and the truth of Christ. I will always choose Christ. 

If I never reach the million dollar status, or the New York best sellers list it is okay. I know a cloud of witnesses exist who are cheering for me in the heavenly realm. 

My job as the salt of the earth is to further the Gospel of Jesus Christ thru practical living application and correction where necessary. My mission, the reason why I write, speak or blog is to show that it is possible to have a living, productive and vibrant relationship with God. Of course this will sometimes require me to bring hard honesty, compassion and straight forwardness that may turn some folks off. So much so that we must part ways. 

It makes me sad but I will be okay and I will still speak the truth no matter how tough it is to hear. I will still point people to the Lord whether they want to acknowledge Him or not. I will still seek to honor Him with my life by using the gifts that He entrusted to me to encourage others into a relationship with Him. 

I make no apologies and I have no regrets. On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand. 

-sj

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seasons! Pt. 2

 Seasons! Pt. 2 Romans 8:28 says 28  And we know that in all things God works for the good  of those who love Him , who [ a ]  have been ca...