Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Sweet Reflections

Mother's Day has come and gone. The restaurants are no longer packed to capacity. There are plenty of cards left on retailer shelves and the world has moved on to its next opportunity.

But not me. Not yet. My life has just slowed down enough to where I could record my reflections on motherhood both from my own experience and that of observing my mother.

Enjoy

-sj

From your Womb

To your Lap

You loved me

From the first of my steps

To the first of my hurts

You sheltered me

From my first sounds of laughter

To my first signs of understanding

You wondered with me

From my first hug

To preschool molds

You beamed

When the only thing I could give you

Was a thank you

You accepted my payment

When I struggled

and Smashed your heart

You forgave me

When I rebelled

You prayed me Through

When I returned

you rejoiced with me

Now here we are

And I am giving you what I have

Capturing your beauty

In the Art of Word

I love you Mother

-sj

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seasons! Pt. 2

 Seasons! Pt. 2 Romans 8:28 says 28  And we know that in all things God works for the good  of those who love Him , who [ a ]  have been ca...