Thursday, March 5, 2015

Sto, Steti, Statum

Your cross is yours

Mine is my own

They are no less challenging than

Anyone else's

They are grueling

At times I wonder if I can bear the weight

It is crushing

I have to fight for every breath

It is a labor of love

One that I wish I didn't

Have to carry

Do you watch your steps

Littered with your sweat

Slippery because of your tears?

I do

So never look at my cross

Thinking I am more than you

I never look at yours that way

I think to myself what a strong woman

And I press myself to go on

You encourage me

You model grace under wrath

A Spring squall may rise

But you are not shaken

A hurricane may land

But we are not uprooted

I appreciate you

You inspire me

Sto, Steti, Statum

-sj

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seasons! Pt. 2

 Seasons! Pt. 2 Romans 8:28 says 28  And we know that in all things God works for the good  of those who love Him , who [ a ]  have been ca...