Monday, May 5, 2014

AMEN, I Say Again, AMEN

Definition of Amen:
 This Hebrew word means firm, and hence also faithful (Rev. 3:14). In Isa. 65:16, the Authorized Versionhas "the God of truth," which in Hebrew is "the God of Amen." It is frequently used by our Saviour to giveemphasis to his words, where it is translated "verily." Sometimes, only, however, in John's Gospel, it isrepeated, "Verily, verily." It is used as an epithet of the Lord Jesus Christ (Rev. 3:14). It is found singlyand sometimes doubly at the end of prayers (Ps. 41:13; 72:19; 89:52), to confirm the words and invokethe fulfilment of them. It is used in token of being bound by an oath (Num. 5:22; Deut. 27:15-26; Neh.5:13; 8:6; 1 Chr. 16:36). In the primitive churches it was common for the general audience to say "Amen"at the close of the prayer (1 Cor. 14:16). The promises of God are Amen; i.e., they are all true and sure(2 Cor. 1:20).

amen. (n.d.). Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary. Retrieved May 05, 2014, from Dictionary.com website: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/amen 

Amen, I say Again, Amen

Amen

Thru my tears

Amen

Thru my fears

Amen

Thru my lack of understanding

Amen and again I say Amen

I trust you My Lord, My Redeemer,

My lily in  the valley, The bright and Morning Star,

My peace giver, My way-maker

My Chief Comforter, My Father Abba,

Yahweh ...My King.

This time of trial is thick with many challenges

But you remain the same

My physical body is wavering under the strain

But You are still with me

My emotions are raw with no apology

But You intercede for me

My GOD, My GOD I cry out for strength and deliverance

And You lend Your ear to me

It is well with my soul...breathe your peace upon me once and again

To You Oh Lord and To You only I say AMEN


No comments:

Post a Comment

Seasons! Pt. 2

 Seasons! Pt. 2 Romans 8:28 says 28  And we know that in all things God works for the good  of those who love Him , who [ a ]  have been ca...