Thursday, December 5, 2013

There is Happiness tucked into every day if you choose to find it!

I will be the first to admit that some days are more challenging than others. You know it's gonna be one of those days when you can't find your keys; or you fight with the kids to get out the door on time or someone forgets a book bag or leaves a lunchbox on the back seat. No matter what makes you look up to the sky and go ARRRGGGHHH, there is still something salvageable in that day.

It's never as bad as it seems it is when we you are going through it. And if you would remember that going through is actually a action phrase which means nothing is standing still and the moment is passing right before your eyes. It might make you smile the next time you lock your keys in the car or forget to grab gas before you run into the traffic jam on the way to work.

Not every moment is a hooray moment but I would challenge you to find a piece of happiness on the worst of your days. It's like taking a spoon full of sugar to help the medicine go down. I am doing that right now as I listen to my two little people communicate in a language only they understand. I can say I am thankful they are talking even though it is in 3rd person and doesn't always make sense. I also do it when their processing delay is so evident I have to wait almost a full minute to get an answer to a question.  I also do it when I think of the reality that they may never be able to operate on their on as adults..but then I don't know the future and so far I have been pleasantly surprised with their obvious leaps and bounds of progress.

It's kinda like this...you don't get a rainbow until after the rain.

Souljourner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seasons! Pt. 2

 Seasons! Pt. 2 Romans 8:28 says 28  And we know that in all things God works for the good  of those who love Him , who [ a ]  have been ca...