Saturday, February 25, 2023

SURRENDERED CONFESSION....

 SURRENDERED CONFESSION


I get so caught up in the now. So wrapped in the end-game, attainment of a goal, the finishing point; that I am blind in my efforts and activities. 

With my vision fully obscured, willfully I trudge forward never pausing long enough to hear the Lord or feel His gentle urgings. 

Yet, I am always surprised to realize that once again I have lost myself. I run from resting and doubt how the little of an effort can affect the big. I rush past the beauty of growth, seeking temporary fulfillment in that week's "thing". The focus of my pursuit. Not realizing that there will always be a "thing".

Stagnation can occur with much movement and activity because despite the energy exerted, I am not going anywhere. Now, at 51 (the time this entry was penned in my journal), I choose something different. To wait, listen and be still (in my spirit) and grow. 

Sj
Isaiah 40:31
"but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary they will walk and not faint."  (NIV, Zondervan)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seasons! Pt. 2

 Seasons! Pt. 2 Romans 8:28 says 28  And we know that in all things God works for the good  of those who love Him , who [ a ]  have been ca...