Sunday, June 12, 2016

We Have Still have So Much To Learn....

We need to learn to disagree...

I am a Christian and I have core beliefs that will not change no matter the challenge or argument. Just because I oppose someone's or some groups life style (s) doesn't mean that I HATE them.

As I have said before my job is to present the Life Saving Gospel of Jesus Christ. Nothing more nothing less. I respect that others have rights, opinions and the power to make choices just like I do.

I do not believe that anyone, including our government, has a right to punish those who are asking for religious exemption from certain acts that contradict their beliefs.

I most certainly don't believe that one group should be targeted for random or planned acts of violence because of their views or lifestyles. Every American citizen has the right to pursue their life as they see fit and weather the consequences of their actions either good or bad.

This weekend was marked by communion for me and many more who believe as I do; but for others it was marked by sadness, loss and unfathomable horror as the lives of their loved ones were taken so abruptly from them. We in the Christian community (no matter the  denomination) must pray for the families of those left behind. Pray for a revival in our Nation and for the souls of the living who have either rejected Christ or just not committed to Him yet or worse living as a double standard.

We need to pray for those whose lifestyles are in direct contradiction to the Word of God. We need to model respect and courtesy to our neighbors, co-workers, affiliates and acquaintances. Returning to the practice of being our 'brother's keeper'.

As I said earlier we need to learn how to disagree and still live together with civility.

-sj

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seasons! Pt. 2

 Seasons! Pt. 2 Romans 8:28 says 28  And we know that in all things God works for the good  of those who love Him , who [ a ]  have been ca...