Monday, September 14, 2015

Grief, Sorrow, Joy and Hope

What a difference a day makes...

Not long ago

I could not see any weight in my life

My heart had slipped thru my grasp

So helpless was I

As his life passed through my hands

I wanted the earth to open and cover me

I didn't want to breath

I was broken

Angry

Afraid

More than a dozen times I have remembered him

Annually, monthly, weekly

But it gets better

The pain of loss isn't as sharp as it was

But I fear won't dull any more past this point

I have grasped my strength

I have remembered my joy

I live, so he lives

I love because it is a privilege to do so

I will not forget because I am his Mother

Until we meet forever,

-sj
In Remembrance of Elan Micheal Howard
Buried on 9/11


No comments:

Post a Comment

Seasons! Pt. 2

 Seasons! Pt. 2 Romans 8:28 says 28  And we know that in all things God works for the good  of those who love Him , who [ a ]  have been ca...