Monday, September 14, 2015

My Quiet Strength

You never speak of it

But I know it is on your mind

So private are your thoughts

So guarded are your feelings

Then you squeeze my hand

To remind me you are alive

You sit in silence

Thinking,

Wondering what could have been

Never asking The Why

Always dealing with the Now

I am jealous of your confidence

God Speaks it is settled

You encourage me

I catch a gaze, not long

quick as a blink

but there was water in your eyes

Your strength has been shown

The yearning in your heart is the same as mine.

We continue, as we have

A little stronger

A little wiser

But we are still we

You remember and love

As only a Father can

I am in love with you more and more for it


-sj

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seasons! Pt. 2

 Seasons! Pt. 2 Romans 8:28 says 28  And we know that in all things God works for the good  of those who love Him , who [ a ]  have been ca...