Friday, December 9, 2016

The Way of Things

When I was 12
I could no longer be 9

When I celebrated 20
I said goodbye to 15

When I welcomed 30
16 was no more

Sorrowfully I observed the arrival of 45
truly 7 has faded away

What is the point? Every level of growth presents two things promotion and cessation

I can't be 37 and still hold onto 19
I won't succeed at 41
If I don't leave 23 behind

The number grows and my wisdom multiplies
So does the distance from my childhood
Somethings are too precious to lose
To valuable to let go
But time will cause forgetfulness to steal the potency of the moment

Its just the way of things

-sj


No comments:

Post a Comment

Seasons! Pt. 2

 Seasons! Pt. 2 Romans 8:28 says 28  And we know that in all things God works for the good  of those who love Him , who [ a ]  have been ca...