Thursday, January 29, 2015

Save for Faith


Today was a day filled with lots of news. Some made me feel good, some indifferent and some challenged me to remember to breathe.

As I continue to travel life's many bends twists and turns, I am reminded that nothing is ever guaranteed or permanent or stable. Save for faith.

Faith says that no matter how grim it looks it will get better.
Faith reassures me that if one door closes, (and a really big one did today), then it is okay. There is something better for you on the horizon.
Faith says that even though the fruit of your good actions may never be seen by your eyes, who needs to see it will.
Faith says that when the day comes that you feel powerless and defeated; you are still a victor.

Faith reminds me to love when I don't want to.
To give when I don't have.
And share compassion when I want to cry.

Nothing stays the same for long
Even troubles have boundaries

That is what strengthens me
That is what propels me
To keep moving one step in front of the other
Until I hear, "well done, My good and faithful servant".

Faith - the most tangible of love's expressions

-sj

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seasons! Pt. 2

 Seasons! Pt. 2 Romans 8:28 says 28  And we know that in all things God works for the good  of those who love Him , who [ a ]  have been ca...