Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Stop, Look and Listen

Softly, slowly, deliberate

are the fall breezes at my back

nothing alive but the sound of the leaves

under my feet.

The air is thick with the perfume of the season

squirrels scurry about

grabbing, eating, stocking

Winter will follow soon

Gone are the winds of summer

Bright blue were its skies

Dazzling were it's clouds.

But I will not miss them

The pale gray and the mute purples

The last of the season

are comforting to me

In its stillness the lack of activity

encourages me.

Soon life will begin again

The cycle of awakening will be upon us

But for now

This is comfort

I am still in my peace

-Souljourner


No comments:

Post a Comment

Seasons! Pt. 2

 Seasons! Pt. 2 Romans 8:28 says 28  And we know that in all things God works for the good  of those who love Him , who [ a ]  have been ca...