Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Unconventional Methods

Sometimes I wonder if my Mom was a Psych major and just didn't tell anyone. How did I come to this conclusion? I am glad you asked. The other day I had a pretty bad melt down..I mean it was one of those moments that had me wondering who I was. I was angry and I cried alot. I locked myself in my room for several hours thinking a forced time-out was probably what I needed. Eventually I calmed myself, my husband convinced me to let him into the bedroom (after several hours) and I didn't take anymore calls that evening. Including any from my mom.

The following day I was out running errands and my mom called and asked me if I was okay. I wasn't I confessed but I was able to function. She then proceeded with her regular Motherly advice and critiques and I thought to myself am I ever going to catch a break from this woman? We finished our conversation with our regular pleasantries and I thought no more of it.

That is until today. I realized that my mom was doing the most effective thing that she could do at the moment. She admitted she didn't quite understand what I was going thru but in her own way she was challenging me because quitting is not in my nature. She was making me realize that by gently agitating me.

It gave me enough clarity to decide to stay my course for that day and the next.

Sometimes strength is not imparted to you through conventional ways. Even Superman has to use force when blowing away the fog in order to save a ship. The fog might feel some type of way about it. But who cares, the ship was saved.

Kinda cool Mom. You got me on that one.
Thank you

-sj

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seasons! Pt. 2

 Seasons! Pt. 2 Romans 8:28 says 28  And we know that in all things God works for the good  of those who love Him , who [ a ]  have been ca...